My Missing Countries/ Sites List

Complete List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Missing and Received can be seen HERE

Monday, March 14, 2011

Russia: Historic Center of the City of Yaroslavl

"Situated at the confluence of the Volga and Kotorosl Rivers some 250 km north-east of Moscow, the historic city of Yaroslavl developed into a major commercial centre from the 11th century. It is renowned for its numerous 17th-century churches and is an outstanding example of the urban planning reform Empress Catherine the Great ordered for the whole of Russia in 1763. While keeping some of its significant historic structures, the town was renovated in the neoclassical style on a radial urban master plan. It has also kept elements from the 16th century in the Spassky Monastery, one of the oldest in the Upper Volga region, built on the site of a pagan temple in the late 12th century but reconstructed over time."
Source: UNESCO World Heritage Site List
I received this marvelous postcard from Natalia in Russian Federation. It is a lovely small-sized postcard with very beautiful scenery of Church of St. Nicholas Makry and Church of the Tikhvin Icon of the mother of God, in the historical center of the city of Yaroslavl, which dates back to 17th century.
The two different church stamps are a part of a set of 12 stamps issued as Kremlin Definitives in 2009, while the animal stamp on top-left shows a beautiful fox. This stamp is one of the 15 different stamps issued in 2008 as a set of Russian Animals definitives. The stamp is of 50 kopeks or 0.5 Robels denomination.
Thank you Natalia for such a beautiful postcard and nice stamps!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
If you are interested, we can swaps postacards. I'm living in Spain and I've got several postcards of spanish UNESCO WH Sites. I'm also interested in cards of UNESCO WH sites.
Feel free to contact me, my username in Postcrossing is Famalubel, and I've got a blog too : http://postcardsfromallovertheworld.blogspot.com/

I would be very happy if we can swap cards. have a nice day,
Best wishes
Fa

Rafael said...

Hello Cheema!

I can help you with your UNESCO collection. Please contact me at this email: postcard-exchange@gmx.de

Take care, Rafal
www.postcards-exchange.blogspot.com

Beata said...

Thanks for visit in my blog. I have about 6 postcards with Polish Unesco: Warszawa, Toruń, Malbork, Kraków, Zamość, Oświęcim.
Send me message if you want to exchange. My username in PC: betkap.
Best regards:)
Beata

Herandlab said...

Cheema: I can send you UNESCO-related postcards (of Chilean places) and FDCs if there's any available.
Please e-mail me : enghandAThotmail.com

Best,
Hernán

P.S. I really like the design of your blog: It's fresh!

evelayn said...

hi,
i have almost all of you missing UNESCO cards from Poland. I'd love to swap with you. If you're interested in swap as well just leave me a message.
My e-mail: honeygirl@buziaczek.pl
my nick on postcrossing is evelayn
and my blog is www.my-postcardworld.blogspot.com

Ela

evelayn said...

Hi,
I have almost all of your missing cards from Poland. I'd love to swap with you. If you're interested in swap as well then just leave me a message.
My nick on postcrossing is evelayn and my blog is http://my-postcardworld.blogspot.com/
Regards,
Ela

evelayn said...

Hi,
I have almost all of your missing cards from Poland. I'd love to swap with you. If you're interested in swap as well then just leave me a message.
My nick on postcrossing is evelayn and my blog is http://my-postcardworld.blogspot.com/
Regards,
ELa

Master said...

Thanks a lot pals. Email has been sent to all of you!
Happy Collecting!

evelayn said...

i don't know why my comment is posted so many times ;P

Master said...

Its OK Ela .... Don't worry.
Just chill!!!
;)

DanielD said...

Hello Cheema
greetings from Montevideo
I can help you with your UNESCO collection from URUGUAY. Please contact me at this email: tekhne@adinet.com.uy

Your blog is very interesting, now your link is in my blog!

GOOD LUCK, DANIELD
http://elbuzonlleno.blogspot.com/

Herandlab said...

Hi from Chile! Did you actually receive my postcards? I never got yours!
Hernán

enghand@hotmail.com

Site Administrator said...

Nice blog and nice pics too.

Master said...

Dear Hernan!
Please confirm if you have received my postcards yet.
I am trying to send a message at your hotmail email but it is sending back a "Mail Delivery Failure" notification.
Please confirm soon!
Thanks

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...